Sunday, April 11, 2010

Easter Weekend Part 2

So, Sunday morning Pason and Carter were up looking for their Easter baskets before the rest of us were out of bed. We had sticky buns (that didn't rise very well) and scrambled eggs for breakfast and then Jared and I hid the 96 plastic eggs the Easter Bunny had left for us in the backyard. We had to brave the chilly morning for our Easter Egg Hunt because I wanted to use the Easter candy for the boys while we watched general conference. About a year or so ago I tried an idea from The Friend to help the boys during conference. At the beginning of the session we pick about 4 words for them to listen for. Each time they hear that word they get to pick a candy out of the bowl. It works great, but you have to be careful about the words you choose or they might be getting a treat every 10 seconds! Pason also decided that he was going to take notes. He wrote down words/topics he heard from, I think, every speaker Sunday morning. I must admit I wasn't as focused on conference as I should have been, but I had a good excuse. I had strep throat. I had starteed feeling like I was getting a cold Friday. Felt pretty yucky Saturday, and by Sunday I was ready to go to the doctor. Unfortunately because it was Easter Sunday, even the same-day care was closed, so I had to wait until Monday to go in. I wish I had felt better while my parents were here, but I am sooo grateful they were here to help take care of things. They had to leave Monday afternoon, but I was already starting to feel better by then. The really bad part is that Jared came down with the same thing Wednesday and had to miss a day of work Thursday. Not good at this time of year! Anyway, despite being sick, we had a really good Easter weekend. Now just a few more days and we can celebrate surving yet another tax season!





















1 comments:

Becca said...

I can't believe how much strep get a person. I'm sorry you were sick that weekend. It looks like the boys had a great time! That candy idea is a good one. I'll have to remember that next time.