Has it happened to you yet? Have you walked out the door one morning to smell that crisp fresh smell that can only mean one thing? Football season is here! The last two weekends I have been gone...camping for Labor Day (which got rained out the 2nd night) and Jared's Uncle Tom's funeral last weekend. So this Saturday is going to be the first chance I've had this year to spend all afternoon curled up with my boys watching football. Okay, so football is only one of the reasons I like fall. I love the weather, with the cool mornings and sunny afternoons. I like the rainy days where you put on a sweatshirt and bake or read a good book. I love all the good food that comes with harvest season. Last week I made peach jam and peach pie filling, this week I plan to freeze corn, and hopefully I will be making salsa soon. I love the colors on the trees as the leaves change. And I love watching the boys play in the piles we rake up. I love just being home after a busy summer travel season(although it doesn't seem to be slowing down this year). And I love the anticipation of the holiday season just around the corner. When I was younger I loved going back to school and all the activities that came with that. The only thing I don't like about this time of year is that Jared is busy again. So anyway - this weekend I will be making a big pot of chili and enjoying my favorite time of year. I hope you all do the same!
4 hours ago




4 comments:
Hi- I do remember you-good old DSDS! Your blog is so cute! Good to know you have one :)Your boys are cute! Where are you living? Take care!
I didn't know you liked football so much. That is awesome. Plus, you are such a good homemaker. I never make anything like homemade jam. I need to though. I have heard it isn't to bad. Maybe someday. I am glad it is fall too, it is starting to finally cool off here!! We can play outside again!
Hey, it was good to hear from you!!! Your boys are sooo cute...it looks like your family is doing great!!! Maybe we'll see you in Driggs when you're there for some fun summer camping???!!!
Post a Comment